Thursday, May 17, 2007

How to cure jetlag

The problem with being a gradstudent is that I'm used to working at weird times and with very little sleep. This makes it extremely hard to overcome jetlag. So to get myself on local time, I decided to go for complete exhaustion. Yesterday I drank beer for lunch and dinner, and didn't eat or drink anything else all day. In the afternoon, I ran for an hour through downtown Berlin, a very exciting experience for both me and the locals. It's not every day they get to see a gigantic redhead in bright orange Virginia Tech running clothes tearing down Unter den Linden, and it's not every day I get lost in downtown Berlin. If it wasn't for the detailed maps at every bus stop, I might never have made it home! The "cure" worked a charm. I passed out at about 11:00PM and woke up at 6:45 sharp, just like home.

No comments: