Monday, May 14, 2007

Berlin!

Well, I've made it! 1:20PM I left Dulles air port for JFK, and from there to Berlin. The flight was good, but very bumpy. My good friend Ute Triesscheijn (pronounced Oo-ta Tree-shine) picked me up at the air port 10:00 AM Berlin local time the next day (2 hour flight, 4 hour layover, 7 hour flight, 2 hour delay in JFK). We spent the rest of the day in a whirlwind Berlin tour. Checkpoint Charlie! Brandenburg Tor! Reichstag! Unter den Linden! KaDeWe! Berliner Dom! It feels like a dream here. We had dinner in a nice cafe near Checkpoint Charlie in East Berlin, and I discovered authentic sauerkraut, white asparagus, Gaswasser, and what the locals call "tepid potato salad with vinegar", which was quite nice. I'm smashed but looking forward to tomorrow! I'll post some pictures soon as I know how to charge an American battery on a German power circuit.....

No comments: