Friday, July 27, 2007

Signing off

Well! It's been a completely unforgettable summer and certainly one of the most defining years of my life. God has blessed me so richly and given me so much! Here's a list of life-long memories from just this year:
  • Wrote software for the fastest computers in the world.
  • Drank sulfur spring water in Aachen.
  • Visited "Bodies".
  • Went clubbing in Berlin.
  • Visited the Alhambra.
  • Heard the orchestra in the Budapest Opera House and drank wine on the balcony during intermission.
  • Got my first apartment.
  • Visited Auschwitz.
  • Started my PhD studies.
  • Ate Roman gelato.
  • Knocked down a house in New Orleans.
  • Competed in the USA national triathlon championship.
  • Lost a good friend and mentor in a school shooting.
  • Bathed at the Szechenyi Bath & Spa.
  • Ate ox tail.
  • Ate cock testicles.
  • Ate millet mixed with blood.
  • Visited the Cologne Cathedral.
  • Got sunburned on the clothing-optional beach at Malaga.
  • Visited the Wieliczka Salt Mine.
  • Watched fireworks in Prague.
  • Got my first publication.
  • Drank espresso and ate crescents in Paris.
  • Saw my sister get engaged.
So that's that! I'm back in the USA now and getting ready to fly to Utah to see my sister's wedding. I hope God is as good to you as he has been to me, and I hope the second half of this year is as wonderful and eventful as the first. Transatlantic Giraffe signing off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.